Some people seem to naturally have more energy. If you’re interested in excelling in athletic or body-building competitions, you may want to find ways to increase your endurance and energy to continue training.
There are many ways to increase energy levels organically. Here are a few suggestions:
- One way to realize more energy throughout your day is to identify your natural circadian clock and plan to do higher energy activities at times when you are naturally more alert and energetic.
- You can also look at your diet to find more energy sources. Try learning how to identify and avoid foods with a high glycemic index. By choosing foods with a low glycemic index instead, you can prevent the sagging energy levels brought on by eating refined sugars and starches. Look for whole grains, nuts, high-fiber veggies, and healthy oils, proteins, and fats.
Avoid sugary drinks and alcohol, and consume lots of water. In fact, a sign of dehydration is feeling fatigued.
- Practice good habits of deep breathing, better posture, as well as intentional relaxation. Yoga can both relax and energize you. Short sessions of meditation can decrease stress hormones and reduce tension.
- Rethink your sleep. Make sure you’re getting to sleep at a reasonable hour and sleeping soundly through the night. Retrain your sleeping habits to get at least 7 hours each night.
- If you feel as if you have no energy to do anything, you may want to keep a journal for a week or two. Look for triggers like using a smartphone or other blue light source before bed, consuming high amounts of sugar and carbs midday, etc. for signals to what may be interfering with your sleep.
Boosting Energy Without Turning to Caffeine
While many people turn to coffee or other caffeinated sodas and sports drinks, it’s good to know how to boost energy without caffeine because there are times when it’s not wise to use a stimulant that can interfere later with sleep.
People often turn to “energy drinks” with not only caffeine but also a variety of calorie-laden sugars like glucose and sucrose and potentially dangerous ingredients that can cause heart problems.
Boost Energy & Increase Adrenal Functioning With a Supplement
An improved diet and other behavioral steps can assist with improving energy levels. If you want to boost your energy, you can educate yourself about additional options to increase performance. Often the most effective way to amp up your energy is with supplements.
Some individual supplements are known as energy enhancers. B-complex vitamins are a favorite supplement for energy, especially B-12. Why not try a comprehensive energy supplement rather than opt for a handful of vitamins and other single-sources for energy?
A powerful supplement for energy is ReviveMD’s AdrenalCORE formula.
Every 2-capsule serving has 220 mg of authentic adrenal concentrate extracted from bovine adrenal glands. AdrenalCORE also includes eleuthero root extract, also known as Siberian ginseng, which has been used in Chinese medicine for treating fatigue and studied for use in enhancing physical endurance, mental focus, and boosting immunity.
Other key ingredients for boosting energy and improving adrenal function are a triad of natural extracts of Rhodiola rosea root, Schisandra berry, and licorice root. The adrenal-related benefits of these ingredients are summarized below:
- Rhodiola root has well over 100 active ingredients and has been used for centuries in Scandinavia to fight fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Now studies demonstrate it may improve exercise performance. In fact, if you’re looking for a short-cut to how to get high naturally, you may be interested to know that studies have shown that Rhodiola has many benefits, it helps significantly improve overall depression, insomnia, emotional stability, and self-esteem.
Schisandra is commonly used as an adaptogen, helping the body deal with stress. It’s taken to increase energy, physical performance, and endurance.
- Licorice root is perhaps the best-known herb to support the functioning of the adrenal glands. It is known for its effectiveness in increasing stress management, maintaining normal glucose and cortisol levels, and balancing energy levels and fitness functioning.
The AdrenalCORE formula also contains vitamins A, C, E, B6, B12, along with niacin and pantothenic acid. B-complex vitamins are often called the “energy vitamins” because they help the body convert food into glucose, which gives you energy.
If you want answers on how to get energy fast, whether you are a man or a woman, young or older, AdrenalCORE is designed for individuals with low energy levels or adrenal functions. If used daily, the supplement may improve energy levels and even overall mental performance and focus.
Used as directed, ReviveMD’s AdrenalCORE may help:
- Improve cognitive and physical responses to stress
- Contribute to personal and physical energy levels
- Maintain healthy DHEA levels
- Lower cortisol levels
The Bottom Line
Whether you think you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue, want more endurance to train harder and longer, or just want to tap energy without caffeine, you can turn to several options to get more energy.
Your body is the result of hard work and will reward you for what you put into it.
You may want to have some energy left after a workout or sports. Or perhaps you want to know how to feel more awake early for a pre-dawn run or train before your day job. Maybe you want to supplement your already awesome food intake for optimum energy. Or just want to fight fatigue for any reason.
You owe it to yourself to explore every avenue available to experience more energy.